“Wild Side” Style Tomato Pico Salsa Recipe
Tomato Pico Salsa Recipe (no cooking!)
TOTAL TIME: 15 MINUTES Serves: 4
- 1.5 pounds cherry, grape, or currant tomatoes (about 2 cups)
- 1/3 cup chopped scallions (white & green parts)
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (from about 2 small limes)
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 small Serrano or Habanero pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, pushed through a garlic press (Allow to rest 10 minutes before use)
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped avocado (optional)
Rinse the tomatoes well and remove leaves and stems. Discard any with splits or that are mushy to the touch. Blend them in a food processor or blender and pulse a few times. You are looking for a medium dice.
Transfer the tomatoes to a small, ceramic bowl and add all remaining ingredients. Stir until combined.
Serve at room temperature, or chill and serve cold. Store in the refrigerator.